Saturday, July 25, 2009

Evaluation of 2009 Summer Institute

As I reflect back on the two weeks that I spent on the topic of Ecological math, the first thing comes to mind of what a useful concept and time well spent. This is my eleventh summer institute and I plan on coming back for more. Every year I have picked up concepts that can be used in a high school classroom, and this year was no exception. I believe my high school students will both gain understanding and have fun with modeling the spread of a virus, the math is rich yet accessible. As always the tour was great allowing me to see practical uses of the math we learn and teach. As always can be stated the time spent with math teachers from throughout the state, sharing ideas of how to teach concepts as well what does or doesn't work is priceless. I feel this is one of the most valuable professional development classes that a serious teacher of mathematics can do.

THANK YOU FOR THE OPPORTUNITY TO LEARN AND RUB SHOULDERS WITH MANY OF THE BEST IN THE STATE.

No comments:

Post a Comment